Working in BP42020.05.06 12:29 - admin-bp4
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
at Astrophysics Division (BP4)
Location: 7 Pasteur Street, 02-093 Warsaw
The candidate will be involved in the initial preparation and analysis of data related to the Legacy Survey of Space and Time (LSST)
- Scientific research documented by publications in the field of extragalactic astrophysics, in particular in the analysis of observational data from deep sky surveys.
- PhD in physics, astronomy or equivalent discipline
- Experience in conducting research work in astrophysics, documented by publications.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience of working in an international environment and experience in applying for and obtaining research grants.
- Employment in one of the largest research Institute in Poland.
- Good learning environment. Support of an experienced team.
- Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
- External and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in conferences.
- A chance to make ones’ own mark by participation in the creation of a interesting and ambitious projects.
- Work in Polish and international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
- Personal and professional development with diverse range of tasks and challenges.
- PhD scan of diploma;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Full publication list;
- A research statement;
- Two references letters, arranged by applicants and directly submitted by the letter writers before the application deadline,
- Any other possible documents that might influence the assessment
- A brief description of important scientific achievements and scientific outlook (max. 2 pp)
- A cover letter that explains the motivating factors for considering the position (max. 1 pp)
Contact: dr. hab. Katarzyna Małek, e-mail: Katarzyna.Malek@ncbj.gov.pl
Please send your applications in the electronic form in English: Katarzyna.Malek@ncbj.gov.pl
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://old.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
Working in NCBJ/Poland
You will need to complete some forms related to your stay in Poland (registering your adress in Poland, obtain your residency card, obtain a PESEL number, etc.). The following document will help you to know what things need to be done and how they should be done. It also contains some information about finding a place, opening a bank account, health insurance etc.
You will also need to fill some documents related to your work at NCBJ (in polish) and to open specific accounts.