General requirements

Poland is among Schengen countries. If you come to Poland to work as a researcher, you need

  • a valid travel document (Identity Document or Passport), 
  • national visa,
  • or a temporary residence permit.

However, citizens of EU member states may stay in Poland for 90 days without registration.  Citizens of countries that  Poland has agreed to visa-free travel with may also stay up to 90 days.