Engineering-technical specialist | UZ32023.01.24 10:57 - Anna Sawińska
The National Center for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) is one of the bigest research institutes in Poland. Wide research activity takes place at NCBJ, especially basic research in nuclear physics and related fields, reactor research and development of nuclear fuel, safety of nuclear installations and many others.
Currently, we are looking for a person for a position in the Laboratory of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Studies (UZ3) of the Department of Complex Systems at NCBJ:
a engineering-technical specialist
Work location: Otwock, Poland (Suburb of Warsaw, efficient and free daily bus transport service provided).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Active participation in the work of teams dealing with thermalhydraulic calculations for various nuclear reactors
- Development of the numerical skills in the field of thermalhydraulics
- Joining the work of design teams creating the technical documentation of the High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactor (HTGR)
- Preparation of materials for scientific articles and conference presentations
- Analytical work in the field of NCBJ activity: creating documents and substantive materials (reports, presentations, notes) and organizational (reports, reports, etc.), translations
- Performing other activities ordered by the Laboratory head and other superiors at NCBJ
- Performing duties in accordance with the Work Regulations in force at the Institute
- Compliance with state and official secrets, work discipline, health and safety regulations, fire regulations, rules of protection against ionizing radiation
- M.Sc. diploma in pure or technical sciences
- Knowledge of fluid flow phenomena and heat exchange processes
- Experience in performing coupled neutron and thermalhydraulic calculations
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Very good command of the English language (minimum B2)
- Willingness to present the results at meetings and seminars
- The ability to present results in the form of technical reports and scientific publications
- Skill in MatLab and Python programming
- Ability to perform thermal-flow calculations using RELAP5/SCDAP-NESTLE, CATHARE-2 and similar codes
- Publications in journals and/or conference materials
- Employment in one of the fastest-growing institutes in Poland.
- Full-time contract.
- Mentoring experienced researchers.
- Specialized training in the field of nuclear energy.
- Possibility of scientific development and preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- Interesting and important tasks in the field of nuclear safety.
- Additional annual salary and benefits package.
- Free transport to/from NCBJ (https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/).
- Health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
Contact: prof. Mariusz Dąbrowski, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 22 273 14 30
Applications (CV, letter of intent, other supportive documents are also welcome) should be send by email: email@example.com
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
Narodowe Centrum Badań Jądrowych posiada znak “HR Excellence in Research”. Rekrutacja prowadzona jest zgodnie z zasadami OTM-R (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations)