Research Group Leader (radiopharmaceuticals) | NOMATEN2020.07.22 19:35 - Anna Sawińska
Who we are: One of recently awarded 13 European
“Teaming for Excellence” Centres
The NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been created in Poland as a new research organization in which international world-class research teams will design, develop and assess innovative multifunctional structures: Novel high-temperature, corrosion and radiation resistant materials for industrial applications on one side, and novel radiopharmaceuticals for medical applications on the other side.
The NOMATEN CoE is based on a strong partnership between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland) and has received 7 years of joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. These long-term funds and its novel “from scratch” structure ensure the sustainability of NOMATEN CoE.
The Research Group (RG), which will create the NOMATEN community, should to grow
to 10-15 people along the 7-year project. The RG Leader will enjoy research autonomy and foster innovative approaches.
NOMATEN is now recruiting its
Research Group Leader for novel radiopharmaceuticals for medical applications
We expect the RGL to carry out research in three thematic areas:
I) new radionuclides and their production,
II) new radiolabeled molecules and carriers, and
III) translation research – preclinical studies, in the state-of-art programs for new developments in using ionizing radiation for medical applications. The results of this research will then be translated into the improved and novel nuclear medicine imaging and therapeutic strategies.
Read more about NOMATEN development at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
Research Group Leaders should be:
- a researcher with excellent research track record (min. 4 years after PhD)
- experienced in the management of research teams
- experienced in working in multinational environments
- a mentor who supports junior researchers on their careers (ability to direct a Ph.D. thesis)
- a team maker who cooperates with other RG Leaders
- a person with strong communication skills
We are seeking highly motivated scientist, who will be responsible for management of the Research Group, in particular for:
- setting up the group (define the Research Agenda and create the team);
- conducting and initiating world-class research (including participation in competitive programmes to ensure further R&D funding for their groups; management of existing R&D projects);
- management of group (evaluation of performance, oversight of group’s finances, budgetary preparation, participation in public procurement when appropriate)
Joining NOMATEN means:
A chance to make ones’ own mark by participation in the creation of a new international Centre of Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
Team start-up package with dedicated budget for personnel, equipment, traveling, conferences.
Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
Attractive working conditions (excellent remuneration, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours, support in relocation);
Gross salary (the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition, functional addition and project bonus) - 15 000 – 23 000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 3 500 – 5 300€ per month);
Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
Type of contract: full-time employment.
Workplace: Otwock - Świerk (Poland) - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
Support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation to our research centre and Poland.
Health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
External and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in conferences.
Instructions to applicants
The application must include the following documents in English:
A letter of interest that states the applicant’s motivation for applying for the position and briefly explains how he or she meets the requirements for the position (1 pp)
CV (including information about research project experience in particular as a PI)
full publication list with electronic links to 5 of the most relevant works
a description of most important scientific achievements (max. 2 pp),
a Research Agenda for the group which describes the research which is to be carried out and a vision for leading the research group (max. 2 pp)
a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address)
Application deadline: September 15th, 2020
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment in NOMATEN is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. The selection process will be conducted by the International Scientific Committee. Selected candidates of each RG will be short-listed and invited to interview.
Contact person: Magda Jędrkiewicz (email@example.com)
Applications in electronic form should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.