Technical and research specialist (Physicist/Medical Physicist ) | DEJ (DDPM)2022.08.12 14:57 - Anna Sawińska
The National Center for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) is one of the bigest research institutes in Poland. Wide research activity takes place at NCBJ, especially basic research in nuclear physics and related fields, reactor research and development of nuclear fuel, safety of nuclear installations and many others.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research opens the competition for the position of
Technical and Research Specialist – Physicist/Medical Physicist
in Mixed Radiation Dosimetry Team
Work in a research team dealing with the dosimetry of ionizing radiation fields, mainly of mixed radiation. The group deals with the improvement of existing and the development of new techniques for measuring radiation around nuclear facilities, research accelerators and medical accelerators. In addition, the group's interests include, inter alia, the development of technology for the production of recombinant ionization chambers, in particular the study of the phenomena of recombination of gas ions in the ionization chambers.
Workplace: Otwock - Świerk (Poland) - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided
- active participation in research and development works with the use of a neutron beam at the horizontal H2 channel in the MARIA nuclear reactor;
- assistance in the development of new dosimetry systems based on active methods of radiation detection (e.g. ionization chambers, proportional counters, semiconductor detectors, scintillation detectors);
- preparing materials for scientific articles and conference presentations;
- analytical work in the field of NCBJ activity: creating documents and substantive materials (reports, presentations, notes) and organizational (reports, statements, etc.), translations.
- a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field related with ionizing radiation research;
- documented research and technical achievements (publications, reports, etc.)
- strong motivation for scientific work and assimilation of new knowledge and technical skills;
- experience in measurements with electronic laboratory equipment (e.g. multimeter, electrometer, oscilloscope, thermocouple, microscope, etc.);
- basic knowledge of one of the high-level programming languages for data analysis (e.g. Python, R, Matlab);
- knowledge of the English language fluent enough, to enable unrestricted cooperation in the international scientific environment.
- doctorate in science or technology;
- experience in working with closed sources of ionizing radiation;
- practical experience with detection of ionizing radiation and handling of dosimetry devices;
- knowledge of one of the Monte Carlo simulation programs: MCNP, FLUKA, Geant4, PHITS, EGSnrc.
- experience in the implementation of research and technical projects;
- experience in obtaining scientific grants or R & D projects.
- employment based on full-time employment contract;
- 36 days of annual leave per year;
- the possibility of scientific development in topics related to the metrology of ionizing radiation;
- good and friendly working atmosphere in an experienced team;
- company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards
- health service at NCBJ (basic medical care).
- scientific curriculum vitae;
self-presentation, containing a description of the candidate's scientific achievements, patents and implementations, description of other achievements (conference presentations, internships, etc.).
Contact: Head of DDPM, Szymon Domański, email@example.com
Place for submitting offers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following statements in the last section of your application:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
I agree / I do not agree to store my personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database for a period of 12 months, since the submission of this application, related to potential future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).