Doctoral scholarship | (TJ3) Radiation Detectors and Plasma Diagnostics Division2022.12.16 9:11 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) invites applications for
a doctoral scholarship
in the project, ”Multigrid technology for homeland security and research applications”
Timescale of the project: 48 months.
The goal of the project is to adapt a detector developed in the field of neutron scattering experiments for applications in homeland security. The project will be realized in cooperation with Institute Laue-Langevin Grenoble and with a company providing nanoboron-10 lined materials, manufactured with a novel coating technique. Employed candidate will have opportunity to work with the group of Dr. Bruno Guerard (ILL) involved in the development of neutron detectors for European Spallation Source.
Contact: Additional information may be provided by the project coordinator: Lukasz.Swiderski@ncbj.gov.pl
Conditions of employment:
The scholarship is PLN 3300 gross per month.
Preselected candidates will be invited to an interview and an oral exam in physics at the college level in the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry at the NCBJ.
The appointment is expected to commence in February 2023.
- MSc degree in physics or a related field,
- good understanding of ionizing radiation measurement techniques,
- fluency in spoken and written English,
- motivation to scientific research,
- ability to work in a team.
- completed application form, to be downloaded from https://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/requirements/,
- CV including a list of publications, fellowships, participation in conferences, schools, etc.,
- motivation letter with a statement of research interests,
- copy of college diploma,
- contact data to 1-2 referees.
Applications should be sent to the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry, email@example.com. Please select physics topic number 3 in the application form. More details are available from the School’s page: https://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/.
Deadline for receiving applications: January 6, 2023