Master degree scholarship | Fundamental Research Department, Astrophysics Division2021.01.28 15:45 - Anna Sawińska
The successful candidate will work with dr hab. Katarzyna Małek under a project „ASTROdust: a complete census of dust attenuation in galaxies based on the analysis of millions of galaxies observed by Herschel” (National Science Centre, UMO-2018/30/E/ST9/00082). The candidate is expected to work on statistical studiesof the attenuation of dust in galaxies and its dependence on the types of galaxies in different space ages uning a unique sample of 170 million galaxies observed in the infrared by the Herschel satellite.
Pasteura 7 str., Warsaw, Poland; possible remote working
Conditions of Employment:
Scholarship is PLN 1,000 per month.
The scholarship may be only attributed to a person who meets the requirements set out in the regulations of the National Science Centre:
It is a stipend contract for 12 months with a possible extension.
The successful candidate will work in a young and active team, with a broad spectrum of expertize and interests in the area of extragalactic astrophysics and observational cosmology. Possibility to join the projects in which our team is currently participating or which are conducted in the Division.
1. Master degree course student in physics or astronomy
2. fluency in English, spoken and written
3. Good communication skills,
1. Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system, python programming language
2. Experience in analysis of physical properties of spectral energy distribution of infrared galaxies and statistical analyses of large astronomical data samples.
- CV with description of scientific background (please insert consent for processing your personal data for the recruitment purposes: „I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment”);
- Motivation letter with description of scientific interests;
- Bachelor degree diploma copy;
- College tutor recommendation letter;
- All other documents possibly relevant for candidate evaluation.
Dorota Dobrowolska, email@example.com, +48 22 273 28 01
All applications should be sent to:
Astrophysics Division BP4, Ms. Dorota Dobrowolska,