PhD scholarships2020.05.11 15:42 - Anna Sawińska
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) opens a competition for a doctoral scholarship
in the project SONATA BIS 2018/30/E/ST2/00441 (founded by National Science Centre):
„Precise measurements of neutrino oscillations in the improved T2K experiment”.
Scholarship is PLN 4500 per month gross.
The main objectives of the scholarship are related to the T2K neutrino experiment searching for neutrino oscillations and measuring cross-sections of neutrino interactions. The student will be involved in the activities related to the T2K Far Detector (Super-Kamiokande) and its calibration and reconstruction as well as work on the search and definition of the new samples of neutrino interactions for the oscillation analysis. The student will collaborate with an international team of physicists; will present his/her work at local meetings in Poland and at collaboration meetings in Japan. It is possible to stay for training period in Japan during the doctoral studies.
Preselected candidates will be invited for an interview and an oral examination of physics in Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry of NCBJ. Only those who pass the exam will be taken into account in the final selection.
The successful candidate is expected to start his/her research in October 2020. Location: Warsaw.
Contact Dr. Justyna Łagoda, Project Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- MSc college degree in physics (elementary particle physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, application of computers in physics, or a similar specialization),
- very good command of written/spoken English (writing scientific reports and documentation, fluent verbal communication),
- very good knowledge of at least one low-level programming language (preferably C++) and the UNIX/LINUX environment. Knowledge of the ROOT and Geant4 software packages will be an additional asset,
- involvement in scientific research, analytical skills, thinking independence combined with good communication/team-work skills.
- Curriculum Vitae with the following formal consent to process applicant’s personal data for the recruitment process purposes: „Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego I Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)”,
- a statement of research interests and achievements, your motivation for pursuing a doctoral program,
- description of scientific output (list of publications, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences etc.),
- contact data (e-mail, phone number, institution) to 1-2 reference person(s) who may recommend the candidate,
- copy of college diploma: for graduates of Polish universities this is the Master’s degree, for others it is the degree required as prerequisite for a Ph.D. degree in the country where it was awarded,
- college transcripts (complete).
E-mail your application before June 6th 2020 to email@example.com specifying „[stipend]” in the mail Subject field.
Date of the interview and exam will be individually e-mailed to each invited applicant.
The recruitment process will be finished by the end of July 2020.