PhD student scholarship – Particle Physics2021.05.13 13:43 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) in Warsaw invites applications for a 4-year PhD scholarship in particle physics phenomenology.
The successful applicants will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry at the National Centre for Nuclear Research, for a period of four years, starting in October 2021. The scholarship will be funded with the SONATA-BIS 2020/38/E/ST2/00126 grant by the National Science Center, Poland. The successful candidate is expected to complete his/her PhD degree thesis in elementary particle physics within 4 years.
Description of tasks:
The successful PhD candidates will work on topics related to the project "UV-complete BSM extensions with flavor and dark matter signatures." For more details about the possible research subjects please contact dr hab. Enrico Maria Sessolo (email@example.com).
The candidate is expected to have:
- MSc degree in physics (obtained not later than by the end of September 2021)
Conditions of employment:
A scholarship of 5000 PLN gross per month will be paid for 48 months.
- Curriculum Vitae including the following formal consent: „I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in the job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments).”,
- a short summary of research interests up to two pages,
- the transcript of BSc and MSc courses grades,
- if applicable: list of publications, record of received training courses, internships, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences, received awards etc.,
- a copy of the MSc degree diploma (or of the BSc diploma, if the MSc degree has not been obtained yet),
- two recommendation letters: one from the MSc thesis advisor and the other from a faculty member of the institution assigning the MSc degree or by a senior external scientific collaborator.
Candidates should apply for this position through the registration system of the Graduate School of Physic at NCBJ (http://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/) and choose the physics research topic number 9.
To be considered for a PhD position, the candidate should first pass the entry exam in physics (in English or Polish). Only the applicants that passed the exam will be qualified for the second stage of the recruitment. For more information about the Graduate School admission rules please check https://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/overview-2/ .
Competition deadline: 17.07.2021 r.
Position starts on: 01.10.2021 r.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).