PhD student scholarship – Quantum Chromodynamics at High Energies2021.06.11 15:08 - Anna Sawińska
The National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) in Warsaw invites applications for a 4-year PhD scholarship in theory and phenomenology of Quantum Chromodynamics at high energies.
The successful applicants will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry at the National Centre for Nuclear Research, for a period of four years, starting in October 2021. The scholarship will be funded with the SONATA-BIS 10 UMO-2020/38/E/ST2/00122 grant by the National Science Center, Poland. The successful candidate is expected to complete his/her PhD degree thesis within 4 years.
The successful PhD candidates will work on topics related to the project “The search of precision in nonlinear high-energy Quantum Chromodynamics." For more details about the research project please contact dr Guillaume Beuf (email@example.com).
- MSc degree in physics (obtained not later than by the end of September 2021),
- Curriculum Vitae including the following formal consent:
- „I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in the job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments).”,
- a short summary of research interests up to two pages,
- the transcript of BSc and MSc courses grades,
- if applicable: list of publications, record of received training courses, internships, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences, received awards etc.,
- a copy of the MSc degree diploma (or of the BSc diploma, if the MSc degree has not been obtained yet),
A scholarship of 5000 PLN gross per month will be paid for 48 months.
Place of work: Warsaw
The application procedure:
Candidates should apply for this position through the registration system of the Graduate School of Physics at NCBJ (http://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/) and choose the physics research topic under the name “Gluon Saturation in Quantum Chromodynamics at high energy”.
To be considered for a PhD position, the candidate should first pass the entry exam in physics (in English or Polish).
Only the applicants that passed the exam will be qualified for the second stage of the recruitment. For more information about the Graduate School admission rules please check https://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/overview-2/ .
Date of notification of the results: 01.09.2021 r.
Starting date of the contract: 01.10.2021 r.