PhD students - citizens of Ukraine2022.05.16 14:00 - Anna Sawińska
We are looking for:
PhD students - citizens of Ukraine
wishing to continue working on their doctoral dissertations
in the following fields:
- high energy physics, heavy-ion physics, QCD, physics: nuclear, plasma, reactor, accelerator, mathematical;
- astrophysics, observational cosmology (CMB), galaxies, large sky surveys;
- radiation detection, materials engineering, scintillation materials;
- IT, numerical methods, Monte Carlo computing, software engineering;
- electronics, cyber-security;
- radiopharmacy, medical biology;
- nuclear chemistry;
- environmental protection;
- Interdisciplinary topics, including areas related to the above.
WHO WE ARE
The National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) is one of the largest scientific institutes in Poland, engaged, among others, in basic and applied research in physics and related fields.
The Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology (ICHTJ) conducts basic and applied studies in the field of nuclear chemistry and in the fields related to the use of ionizing radiation.
THE "SOLIDARITY WITH UKRAINE" PROGRAMME IS OPEN TO UKRAINIAN CITIZENS WHO:
- arrived in Poland not earlier than 24 February 2022
- have served aspirants in Ukraine in the academic year 2021/2022.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- scholarship in the amount of 1500 PLN net/month (Participants in the Programme, during the period when they are covered by support under the Programme, may not collect another grant of a social character, including a social contribution and a financial aid, indicated in Article 86, section 1, points 1 and 3 of the Act of 20 July 2018. Law on Higher Education and Science (OJ. of 2022, item 574)).
- enabling work related to the preparation of the doctoral dissertation;
- each participant will have a mentor - an academic staff member (at least doctoral level) who will provide substantive support in the field in which the doctoral student is preparing the dissertation;
- each participant will be able to use the workspace in designated office rooms of the Institute with access to the Internet;
- support in the relocation process and everyday life at NCBJ and in Poland
- contacts with organizations assisting a professional lawyer or psychologist
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH:
- CV, short description of research interests and course of aspirantura
- a copy of the MSc diploma and certificate of aspirant status for the academic year 2021/2022 (if no documents are available, please send a statement)
Send your application in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org from 15 May 2022; recruitment is continuous.
NCBJ will continuously verify the applications in the field of a PhD thesis in an online meeting, during which we will introduce the supervisors and the possibilities of substantive support for PhD students.
The programme "Solidarity with Ukraine" funded by the National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA)