Temporary Residence Card for students

Temporary residence permit in Poland – a document issued to a foreigner in order to legalize stay in Poland for a period longer than 3 months. In the case of a positive decision of state authorities, the foreigner gets an official document (temporary residence card). The maximum validity period of the document is 3 years.


  • you apply to submit for a temporary residence permit in person, no later than on the last day of your legal stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland;
  • you can collect the residence card only in person;
  • fingerprints will be taken from you to issue a residence card;
  • documents should be submitted in Polish in originals or photocopies together with originals for inspection;
  • documents in a foreign language should be translated into Polish by a Polish sworn translator.
  • we are helping you to register for the submission with an already prepared package of documents for obtaining a temporary residence permit in Poland.


  • 2 copies of the application for a temporary residence permit filled in as instructed: application (to be edited);
  • 4 current colour photos, undamaged, 45x35 mm in size, taken in the last 6 months on a bright uniform background, in good sharpness and clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders; the face is to take up 70-80% of the photos; the photo is to show the person looking straight ahead with their eyes open, hair open, a natural expression on the face and mouth closed:
  • foreigners with congenital or acquired eye defects may attach a photograph showing themselves wearing glasses with dark lenses. In such a case, documents confirming the disability should be attached, and the foreigner's declaration of disability, in their absence.
  • a foreigner wearing headgear in the rules of his religion may attach a photograph in the headgear, as long as the face image is obvious. The foreigner's declaration of belonging to a religious community should be attached.
  • valid travel document (2 photocopies of all its pages with stamps, annotations and entries, original available for inspection);
  • confirmation of payment of stamp duty.

Attention! The submission of the above documents is necessary to initiate the proceedings. If the application is submitted without any of the above documents, the foreigner is requested to supplement the formal shortcomings in the application. The procedure may be initiated only after the missing documents have been supplemented within the prescribed period and positively verified by the Office.


In the case of a full-time student

  • a certificate issued by the unit providing education on admission to studies or the continuation of studies / preparatory course for study in Polish, indicating: name and surname, date and place of birth, citizenship, type, series and number of the identity document and the name of the country that issued it; the name and address of the unit conducting the studies, the date of commencement of studies, the period of study for which the foreigner has been admitted, the field of study, determination of the form, level of studies and information about the fee, information in which language the studies are conducted and the language proficiency level required for their completion, information whether the foreigner is covered by an EU program or a multilateral program including mobility measures or an agreement between at least two higher education institutions providing for intra-EU mobility and the name of the program or contract and the name and address of the units conducting the studies covered by this agreement, and if the certificate applies to continuation of studies - information on the implementation of the course of studies to date and completion of the subjects required by the study program; (pattern)
  • a certificate issued by the unit providing education on the amount of tuition fees for the entire academic year 2020/2021 and the winter semester of the academic year 2021/2022
  • proof of payment of the tuition fee with an indication of the date of payment of the tuition fees or its part (in the case of starting or continuing paid studies);
  • in the case of continuing studies, a printout of the student's periodic achievement card, referred to in the regulations issued based on art. 81 of the Act of July 20, 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science, or a copy of this card certified to be true to the original, showing the course of the foreigner's education process in this unit, a copy of all pages of the student's index along with the original for inspection
  • documents confirming the possession of health insurance by the foreigner within the meaning of the Act of 27 August 2004 on health care services financed from public funds or confirmation of coverage by the insurer of treatment costs in the territory of the Republic of Poland (e.g. ZUS RCA declaration for the last month, current entry in the insurance card, insurance policy with proof of payment of the previous premium;
  • documents indicating the amount of the cost of living, containing information on the amount of fixed operating fees, charges for the supply of energy, gas, water to the premises, as well as sewage, waste and liquid waste (e.g. a lease agreement with the last gas, electricity bill and administrative rent, clearance certificate) from a dormitory about the number amount of fees)
  • documents confirming that the foreigner has sufficient funds to cover the costs of living in Poland (i.e. PLN 701 x 15 months = PLN 10,515), the costs of education (tuition fees for the academic year 2020/2021 and the summer semester 2021/2022) and return travel to country of origin or residence (i.e. PLN 200 if the foreigner came from a country neighbouring the Republic of Poland, PLN 500 if he came from a European Union Member State other than the one indicated above, PLN 2,500 if he came from a country that is not a member of the European Union) and costs of residence, e.g. a current certificate of the amount of funds on the foreigner's bank account or a cooperative savings and credit union established in the territory of the Republic of Poland, a traveller's check, a certificate of the limit on a credit card issued by the bank that issued the credit card, a document confirming the grant of a scholarship m domestic or foreign with an indication of the period and amount of the benefit.
  • proof of payment of the tuition fee with an indication of the date of payment of the tuition fees or its part (in the case of starting or continuing paid studies).


  • 340 PLN need to be paid at the time of applying to the account:

Centrum Obsługi Podatnika

ul. Obozowa 57, 01-161 Warsaw

21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070

  • An application for a stamp duty refund 340 PLN) after issuing a final negative decision or discontinuing the procedure, or after giving a decision to leave the application without examination, should be sent to the Taxpayer Service Center at ul. Obozowa 57.

NOTE! In the event of an appeal against the voivode decision to the Head of the Office for Foreigners, REFUNDS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED!

  • For issuing a residence card PLN 50 upon receipt of the decision to the account:

Masovian Voivodeship Office

Office of Finance of the Office

NBP O / O Warsaw


  • An application for a refund of the 50 PLN  fee for the issuance of a Residence Card may be submitted at the Registry Office or by post. Download the form to reimburse the fee for issuing the Residence Card (PLN 50).


A complete application with fingerprints can only be submitted during an agreed visit via the inPOL foreigner portal. Direct (mazowieckie.pl)

The submitted documents are certified as true copies only when applying to submit the scheduled visit. When applying to submit the stamp in the passport, remember: it can only be obtained during scheduled visits (if the deadline for submitting has been met, there are no doubts about the legality of the foreigner's stay in Poland). The application for a residence permit should be submitted no later than on the last day of legal stay in Poland.