LIFE Clean Energy Transition 12/01/20222021.10.13 10:13 - admin
Please find below information on the lately published LIFE Clean Energy Transition call for proposals 2021 including 18 different topics which projects can apply for until 12 January 2022.
The call was established by CINEA, the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) which is the successor organisation of the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA). Officially established on 15 February 2021it has started its activities on 1 April 2021 in order to implement parts of certain EU programmes. CINEA plays a key role in supporting the EU Green Deal through the efficient and effective implementation of its delegated programmes. Watch 2 minute video animation to learn about all CINEA programmes and activities
Funding is available for project ideas to
- build the policy framework for the clean energy transition at local, regional and national level
- accelerate the market for the clean energy transition with the roll-out of technology, digitalisation, new services and business models and enhancing related professional skills
- attract private finance for sustainable energy investments and support the development of local and regional clean energy investment projects
- involve and empower citizens in the clean energy transition
- LIFE-2021-CET-LOCAL: Technical support to clean energy transition plans and strategies in municipalities and regions
- LIFE-2021-CET-POLICY: Towards an effective implementation of key legislation in the field of sustainable energy
- LIFE-2021-CET-GOV: Multilevel climate and energy dialogue to deliver the energy governance
- LIFE-2021-CET-BUILDRENO: Large-scale rollout of industrialised deep renovation solutions
- LIFE-2021-CET-AUDITS: Uptake of energy audits recommendations for the energy transition of companies
- LIFE-2021-CET-VALUECHAIN: Fostering sustainable energy uptake along the whole value chain in industry and services
- LIFE-2021-CET-BUILDSKILLS: BUILD UP Skills – rebooting the National Platforms and Roadmaps
- LIFE-2021-CET-COOLING: Facing the increase in cooling demand of buildings in the coming years
- LIFE-2021-CET-SMARTSERV: Establish innovative business models and contractual schemes for smart and sector-integrating energy services
- LIFE-2021-CET-SMARTREADY: Creating the conditions for a global improvement of smart readiness of European buildings
- LIFE-2021-CET-MAINSTREAM: Mainstreaming sustainable energy finance and integrating energy performance in EU sustainable finance criteria and standards
- LIFE-2021-CET-INNOFIN: Innovative financing schemes for sustainable energy investments
- LIFE-2021-CET-HOMERENO: Integrated Home Renovation Services
- LIFE-2021-CET-HOMERECOM: EU community of "Integrated Home Renovation Services" practitioners
- LIFE-2021-CET-COALREGIONS: Community-driven clean energy transition in coal, peat and oil-shale regions
- LIFE-2021-CET-PDA: Disruptive PDA – Technical Assistance to advance market boundaries for sustainable energy investments
- LIFE-2021-CET-ENERPOV: Addressing building related interventions for vulnerable districts
- LIFE-2021-CET-ENERCOM: Developing support mechanisms for energy communities and other citizen-led initiatives in the field of sustainable energy
Call opening: 13 July 2021
Deadline for submission: 12 January 2022 – 17:00:00 CET (Brussels)
Information on evaluation results: May - June 2022
GA signature: September 2022
The proposals will have to follow the standard submission and evaluation procedure (one-stage submission + one-step evaluation).
Proposals must be submitted via the Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System only.
Application Form Part A — contains administrative information about the participants (future coordinator, beneficiaries and affiliated entities) and the summarised budget for the project (to be filled in directly online).
Application Form Part B — contains the technical description of the project (to be downloaded from the Portal Submission System, completed and then assembled and re-uploaded) . Part C (to be filled in directly online) containing additional project data.
Proposals are limited to 70 pages. For more information about the submission process (including IT aspects), consult the Online Manual.
Additional guidance on every topic, as well as on how to write an excellent proposal, is published on the dedicated LIFE Calls for Proposals 2021 page.
All LIFE Calls for proposals are all published on the Funding & tender opportunities portal.
Useful information on the Call 2021 (recorded presentations): The new LIFE programme & type of projects, The new LIFE Programme - Calls & evaluation criteria, The new LIFE Programme - LIFE Call for Other actions – Coordination and Support Actions, LIFE Key Performance Indicators, Applying successfully for LIFE: The financial side, How to write an excellent proposal.
A series of Question and Answer sessions on the LIFE 2021 call took place on 8-9 September. See the recordings from day 1, related to general and financial questions, Nature and Biodiversity call and Circular Economy and Quality of Life call) and day 2, related to Climate action call, Operating grants NGOs call and Clean Energy Transition Calls.